Joe Biden Is More Spry and Active Than You Are
Even people who like Joe Biden — even people who believe he may be personally responsible for saving our democracy — think he’s too old. (The White House is clearly aware of this: Biden turned 80 years in November and hardly anyone who works for him mentioned it.) The New York Times’ Michelle Goldberg wrote earlier this month that, “Biden has been a great president. He’s made good on an uncommon number of campaign promises. He should be celebrated … But he should not run again.” The premise of that piece, like many others, is that Biden just won’t be able to take it — either another campaign or a grueling four years in office. How can he hold up? The job is just too hard. He is just too old.
I can’t help but notice that all of these criticisms are being made by people who, if they were subjected to the rigors of what Biden gleefully faces on a daily basis, would crumble within a matter of hours. The job of President is famously a grueling one. But it’s one that doesn’t seem to have cracked Biden one bit.
In the last 10 days, here’s what Biden has done, physically, according to the President’s daily schedule:
- Flew to Madison, Wisconsin, gave a speech, and flew back to Washington, DC. (February 8)
- Flew to Tampa, gave a speech and flew back to Washington, DC. (February 9)
- Hosted the nation’s governors at the National Governors Association Winter Meeting in the morning, and then hosted the President of Brazil in the evening. (February 10)
- Hosted a black-tie dinner for that National Governors Association. (February 11)
- Shot down multiple UFOs. (February 12)
- Shot down another UFO. (February 13)
- Delivered a keynote address at the National Association of Counties in Washington, DC. And presumably kissed his wife on Valentine’s Day. (February 14)
- Headed to Lanham, Maryland to talk to IBEW Local 26, then heads back to the White House. (February 15)
- Delivered remarks and answered questions about all those UFO shootings and then hosted a screening at the White House of the movie Till…